Re: [IRCA] Noisy Cable TV - Part III

> When it comes to dealing with the cable TV company, all suggestions are
> worth consideration.

Now, now.  I'm not openly advocating any such thing.  Merely passing along
an amusing anecdote as to how one chap approached it.  (bigwideevilgrin)

> Now, do you suppose a ham license would be required for that application
of
> a transmitter?  Since I've already written the FCC, maybe that would cover
> it. :-\

One of the good things about equipment is that it requires no license to
buy, unlike guns.  However, it would take a good number of hundred dollar
bills to get the boxes in the door, and then w/o a license, they'd end up as
simply closet fodder.

<serious mode>

I think you've approached this correctly by writing and documenting all
this.  Having the local government in the loop is smart.  The FCC Part 15
regs will have some bearing, as will the original cable authorization
contract.  It may be hard, but if you can find a copy of that agreement
there may be language in there on interference problem resolution.  You
certainly could hold their feet to the fire with it.

</serious mode>

Craig Healy
Providence, RI