Re: [IRCA] Radio and the FCC where are we headed?

Re: [IRCA] Radio and the FCC where are we headed?

During alleged return to free market in early 2000's, young Powell was touted
as pro-free enterprise. Scurrilous wags had other thoughts, stating 'Colon
Cleanse the Younger believes free enterprise and cronyism to be synonymous'.
This is why we call reprobates who speak in this manner, scurrilous wags. Do not
be found amongst their number.

  HD is part and parcel of relentless efforts to concentrate media ownership
into a few hands by any means possible, with end justifying means. Typical 90s
hamfist methods.

  HD isn't working out quite as expected. T'ain't selling, for good reason.
Current Radio World features XM's Mr. Abrams' well thought out article.
Premise? Forget AM vs. FM. vs....

  Doesn't 'Go HD now or radio dies' gibberish seem a stinky old relic from
the wretched 90s, when 'us vs. everyone - win reelection or perish' approach was
so fashionable?

 Abrams omits mention of HD. He states radio, computer listening, iPod all
different media, a place for them all, always will be.

 As disingenuous dingbat counterpoint, HD investor/cheerleader writes
tediously predictable tome stating that any who even question HD are moronic social
lepers. Article ironically speaks clearly against itself and further clouds HD
better than those opposed.

>From what one reads, even former President Clinton expressed misgivings about
HD radio's intrisic propensity to ruin spectrum for all except digital
broadcasters and HD radio owners.

Sometimes, as w/busted clocks & twice-daily accuracy, things might yet
improve.

              Dr. Zecchino

PV Zecchino, T.D.
Manasota Key, FL