Re: [IRCA] carriers on 1609 and 1611

Bob & Nick,

I also have carriers in CW mode on 1609.03, 1610.03, and 1611.03, if
my measurement skills haven't alluded me.  This is not the same
situation as last night.  I did not have other carriers.  The 1 kHz
tone was modulated not a het, since there was nothing to produce a het.

Now it's hard to say.  I have three tones 940, 970, and 1000 Hz when
tuned to 1609.03.  I have a 1000 Hz tone on 1610.03 like last
night.  And there is no tone on 1611.03.

As I was typing this at 2150Z, all but the 1610.03 kHz carrier
disappeared, but then the other two, which seem to be weaker than
1610.03, returned -- apparently a result of fading at this unsettled
time of the evening.

Now -- still in type as it happens mode -- there are 1 kHz tones on
all three carriers.  I also have 1 kHz tones in AM mode on 1607.03,
1608.03, 1612.03, and 1613.03, plus the three carrier
frequencies.  Some of these are surely hets, others may be
modulation.  Add another tone/het at 1800 Hz on some of these.  Last
night I had tones at 1, 2, and 3 kHz but all on 1610.03, which was
the only thing there.

Every time I tune around the situation changes.

The 1 kHz tone and its carrier on 1610.03 are the strongest of
everything, quickly building up to where they were last night.

It would seem there is more going on than at first
seemed.  Definitely more complicated than what I was hearing last night.

All this now at 2215Z.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida
[Ten-Tec RX-320D; LFE H-800; GAP DSP; JPS ANS-4]