Re: [IRCA] Old copy of DX Monitor

Hi Jim,

  Just looking through the logs in the next few magazines I find:
  March 13th 1993 magazine, Leonard Hyde mentions hearing the DX Test but does not mention hear morse code.

  April 10th 1993 magazine, JD Stephens in Huntsville AL mentions hearing several weak tentative code IDs and tones.

  April 10th 1993 magazine, William P Townsend,in Washington DC mentions hearing code IDs.

  I dont see any other loggings.
  Let me know if you want copies of the above. I can scan and email to you.

  Thanks

Jim Pogue <jpogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am trying to get a QSL from station WDEV in Waterbury, VT for a DX test
they conducted on Feb. 22, 1993. I heard the test here in Memphis but never
got a QSL from them. The GM there has been cooperative in listening to my
plea, but a letter from him received today said:

"I am having trouble believing you heard WDEV. We have never used Morse code
on the air. I appreciate your interest."

That being the case, I wonder if anyone has a copy of a DX Monitor from that
period that lists the test along with mention of Morse code being used? Even
better, mention I might have made of hearing the test. Thanks very much for
any help you can offer. I'll be happy to reimburse anyone for copying and
postage if you can help me out.

73s,

Jim Pogue KH2AR/WPE9HLJ/KG6DX1A

Memphis, Tennessee USA