From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pete Taylor
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:51 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] KIRO 710 & RELATED

Doug Pifer wrote:

> Didn't WGBS used to be on 540....Cypress Gardens,
> Florida?

The 540 in Cypress Gardens (Orlando market) has gone through quite a
bunch of call letters. It is now WFLF Pine Hills. It's cigar-shaped
easterly signal serves the Atlantic Ocean very well. That is quite a
catch if you heard it in CA.

WGBS used to be on 710; before that it was 10kw WFTL Fort Lauderdale.
The GBS stood for George B. Storer. I heard it on night pattern once
on a Coast Guard ship west of Hawaii.

Meanwhile, the tape revealed a nice KFIA ID amidst a KSPN PSA around
1am PST 2/23 while KIRO was off so I am pleased to get these two
Californians on a channel which otherwise has had no flexibility. On
700, it was mostly KXLX at 2am PST but a good KGRV ID was also noted
(unneeded). Popping in and out was KMBX in SS but I am going to have
to use all my creative juices (and probably a little audio
processing) to get an ID with the other two stations chattering away
mercilessly at ID time.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n