[IRCA] Current UltraLight Distance Records

[IRCA] Current UltraLight Distance Records

Please look this list over carefully.  You will note that, as with
the Firsts list, the Records list is limited to DXers living in North
America. Allowing DXers world-wide to participate in at least the
"World-wide Receptions" category might be a good thing. However, it
may also add a level of complexity that we may wish to avoid.  This
list is in its infancy and the limitation to North American DXers is
a decision that can be revisited in the future.

You will note that there are no longer "North American Records," but
rather "Western Hemisphere" records. This division more accurately
reflects the differing character of DXing stations on the 10 kHz
splits and those outside the Western Hemisphere that generally fall
on the 9 kHz. rhythm.

I'm personally surprised that we have as yet only one submitted
logging in the Super-Modified category of receiver.  Get busy, you
guys... the UltraLight hobby just cries out for tinkerers to start
souping these things up.  I know that I'm not the only ex-hotrodder
(of the automobile) in these ranks!

UltraLight MWDXing
(currently SRF-59 records only)
Open to MW DXers residing in Canada and the USA
Records

Worldwide Reception from North America
Longest Distance Reception
             5201 miles Gary DeBock, Puyallup, WA HLCA, Dangjin,
South Korea(Seoul) 11/22/2007(SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 50 kW.
             3403 miles Colin Newell, Victoria BC, RVC-530 South Turk
Isl, 11/28/2007 (SRF-59)
             **3333 miles Kevin Schanilec, Bainbridge Is.
WA,  RVC-530, 12/10/2007 (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 10 kW.
Longest Distance Reception @ 5 kW.
             597 Miles Rob Ross, London, ON, WEBC-560  Duluth, MN
1/03/2008  (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 1 kW.
             2016 miles Kevin Schanilec, Bainbridge Is. WA, KVNS-1700
Brownsville TX, 1/1/2008 (SRF-59)
             **2016 miles Kevin Schanilec, B'bridge Is. WA, KVNS-1700
Brownsville TX, 1/1/2008  (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 500 W.
             107 miles Rob Ross, London, ON, WWCB-1370 Corry, PA
1/03/2008 (SRF-59)
             313 miles Rob Ross, London, ON, WXTR Frederick, MD
1/03/2008 (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 250 W.

Western Hemisphere Reception from North America
Longest Distance Reception-Western Hemisphere
              3403 miles Colin Newell, Victoria BC, RVC-530 South
Turk Isl, 11/28/2007 (SRF-59)
              **3333 miles Kevin Schanilec, Bainbridge Is.
WA,  RVC-530, 12/10/2007 (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Domestic Reception within Canada and the USA*
             1277 miles Joe Miller, Troy MI, KOA-850 Denver CO,
12/13/2007 (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 50 kW.  -Western Hemisphere
Longest Distance Reception @ 10 kW. -Western Hemisphere
Longest Distance Reception @ 5 kW. -Western Hemisphere
Longest Distance Reception @ 1 kW. -Western Hemisphere
Longest Distance Reception @ 500 W. -Western Hemisphere
             107 miles Rob Ross, London, ON, WWCB-1370 Corry, PA
1/03/2008 (SRF-59)
             313 miles Rob Ross, London, ON, WXTR Frederick, MD
1/03/2008 (SRF-59)
Longest Distance Reception @ 250 W. -Western Hemisphere

Each distance category is defined as addressing receptions from
stations that do not exceed the listed power. Thus Rob Ross'
reception of WXTR held the 500 watt class record, despite operating
at night with just under 400 W.

*This special class is limited to reception within the continental
limits of Canada and the USA. This stricture eliminates DXers and
stations in Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, among others.

Each Record Class contains two categories :Barefoot and Super Modified
** Indicates a record in the Super-Modified Category

At least for the present, previous holders of a particular record
will be maintained on the list to indicate the history and
development of that record. The current record logging is listed last.

If the interest is there in the next few months, we may add:
A "Domestic DX" Class for DXers' receptions within Canada and the USA
A "Graveyard DX" Class for receptions on 1230, 1240, 1340, 1400, 1450
and 1490 "local" channels

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)