Re: [IRCA] DUs July 23 from Orcas Island: Poor

Re: [IRCA] DUs July 23 from Orcas Island: Poor

Sorry, Nick,

I'm not keeping a permanent record of these dawns yet and I don't really remember what time I started yesterday.... Heck, I don't even remember anything from yesterday too clearly.... now dawn DXing in 1954, THAT I remember, especially the East Coast sign-ons, (sigh....)

John B.

At 05:09 AM 7/24/2008 +0000, you wrote:
At 16:28 7/23/2008, you wrote:

>Generally, it was a poor morning, not so much from the number of audios point of view,

What time did you start listening, John?

Interesting that you had DU on 1566, as I couldn't really get a direction on it when it was a (strongish) carrier earlier on, and the programming heard here certainly seemed HLAZ (choral mx, like a hymn) when there was some audio after 1230UT...Certainly the propagation monitor clearly showed the boost at 1230.

Nick