Radio: Stock Ford ZX2 car radio
Date: Friday February 18th, 2011

860Khz
Time: 5:25pm Central
Steady but marginal signal....I heard a classic hits tune followed by an
announcer, talking about the song then an intro for a baseball game and a
nice jingle. While it's not that far away, I've never heard Henderson,
Kentucky's WSON before. So it's technically a NEW log, despite the short
distance.

620Khz UNID
5:43pm Central
Poor but steady signal, heard preaching and teaching type program. Didn't
sound loud and excitable like a church pastor.. but more along the lines of
Turning Point, Thru The Bible and such.. but was neither of those programs.
I don't think this was WRJZ Knoxville because during the time I heard
whatever station this was, WRJZ's program schedule doesn't match.

1070Khz
5:29pm
POOR signal, with a promo for a show.. all of a sudden it disappeared as if
the station powered down or switched pattern. I suspect this was WAPI
Birmingham, AL. As soon as WAPI disappeared, heard two talk show hosts
appeared out of the mud with a POOR but steady signal and heard one
announcer say to a caller, "You're on WDIA"....

1080Khz
5:49pm Central
VERY GOOD, steady signal with sports report, a single commercial, then an
announcer mentioning "Traffic and weather together on News Radio 1080 KRLD"

1170Khz
5:38 pm Central
OK signal, State News followed by stock news with mentions of "1170 KFAQ"

1200Khz
5:49pm Central
Marginal but steady signal, Coming back from a break, I believe the
announcer introduced the show as "The Joe Patton Show", talking about an
u[coming guest and a book he wrote. WOAI San Antonio,TX.

1270Khz UNID
Time: 5:50pm
Poor to marginal signal, male talk show host talking to female caller, in
spanish. Tried to pick out any words i could understand, but didn't
understand anything that was being said.

1350Khz UNID
Time: 5:51pm Central
Oldies formatted music form The Jones Radio Network with announcer Brad
Pierce. Coming out of a song, Brad talked, then into a commercial break. The
Stereo light popped on and off a few times, but it may not be actual stereo
just a "false positive". I don't know what network WGAD Gadsden, AL carries
so I don't know if this is them.

1380Khz UNID
Time 5:38pm Central
Marginal and fading signal, song ended into a fast paced and exited promo by
male announcer in spanish. All i understand from it was "La Musica" and then
it went back into a song.

1360Khz
Heard a Good but fading signal, "Walker County's Home of the legends, 1360
WIXI". When they upgraded from 1KW to 12KW Non Directional last year they
REALLY blast in right before sunset!!

1440Khz
Time: 5:56pm Central
Very poor but steady signal with "Let's Hear It For The Boys"...I am pretty
sure this is WZYX Cowan, TN

1470Khz
Time: Approximately 5:30pm Central
Station ID, anchor mentioning time, temperature and then intro'd a traffic
report and into news. Several mentions of Peoria, this was obviously 1470
WMBD Peoria, IL

1470Khz *NEW LOGGING!!!*
Time: 5:17pm Central
Heard mentions of "(Unintelligble) Radio 1470 & 1290" by an announcer coming
out of a song who went on to talk about an event, mentioned Mardi Gras,
getting tickets to an event coming up on some Saturday. A mention of "2500
points in your account" and "Come by our studios in lake Charles". *This
would be KLCL Lake Charles, LA simulcast with KJEF 1290 Jennings, LA. NEW
LOG!!

*1550Khz
Time: 6:13pm Central
Poor signal, Heard gospel music on here.. suspect this to be the WPFC baton
Rouge, LA that Rick from Omaha reported hearing the other night.

Still, nothing betas my 330 mile DAYTIME reception, at 10am in the morning
of 5KW Non Directional KDTH 1370  DuBuque, Iowa!!

Paul Walker
http://www.onairdj.com
http://www.facebook.com/onairdj