Re: [IRCA] WSCR 670 IBOC back on

On Saturday 26 February 2011 12:00:58 neilkaz wrote:
> Yes, this most unwelcome development was noted last evening during a very
>  good SSS session towards the Pac NW from here 50 miles N of you.
>  Apparently CBS radio isn't giving up on AM IBOC yet, which is very
>  unfortunate. I hear that some stations, when they have problems with the
>  IBOC equipment, just don't bother to get it fixed, but for a reason known
>  only to them, CBS seems committed to still using IBOC on their AM
>  stations which, basically are all talk of some sorts.

No mystery here, really... the head honcho of engineering at CBS is Glynn
Walden, formerly of iBiquity and its predecessor, USA Digital Radio.  It's no
exaggeration to call him "the father of IBOC".  Aside from him hanging his
career and reputation on IBOC, CBS has funded IBOC development since day one,
and that goes back well over 20 years now.  Can you say "vested interest"?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON