Re: [IRCA] RF Conversion

Craig,

I looked for something similar a while back and unless you have some very deep pockets you might want to try a different solution unless you want to home-brew something.

I use the twin coax that's used for satellite dishes. A balun on each end and the center conductors fed as a balanced line or a balanced preamp at the feed end with the power injector/DC block at the receiver end. Oddly enough it seems to work best with the grounding block about mid-point in the feed line. A 4:1 Balun wound with thin Litz on an Amidon 43 material core seems to work best for the 50 Ohm input on the receivers from ~60KHz to (over?) 30 MHz. I haven't tested the setup above the 10m band.

I have 3 MW stations putting fat signals into my back yard and the line runs right past the breaker box and I get very little noise pickup.

Just my $0.02

Tim Hills
Sioux Falls, SD