Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] WEW-770'S format

Hey Rick!

When I went to the tune-in app last night it was labeled as Christian
amongst other labels I can not remember for it was describing a foreign
language.
What I heard last night was like a classic C&W format but in an ethnic
language. I checked twice last night to hear C&W in a different language
which was fascinating to me. Going to Tune-in today the Christian label was
not there and it was a Hispanic program.

So I went to Wewradio.com and found they are now owned by   2013 Birach
Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. Programming change coming or
happening or not? My guess is that it is or already has begun.

I was not able to get the program schedule for WEW because I don't have
java capabilities. However looking at their 10 or so affiliates I was able
to look at their programs they air. They do offer a wide range of religion
based programs for the Punjabi community. Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism
and Christianity are the religions practiced within the community.  On the
Birach Broadcasting Corporation website the other radio stations I saw
showed Islam and Christianity programming with  Vofl / Church being a
Christian program. There could of been other religions that I didn't
recognize on WNZK 690/680 website which serves the Detroit area and owned
by Branch's network.

I'm finding this to be a complex situation. 1080 WNWI, also owned by
Birach,  seems to be for now retaining some polish programs.
Perhaps the same for some of the Hispanic programs on WEW?

Isn't this the very company that is possibly causing problems with the CRTC
which led to a long thread on IRCA's site in which Birach is buying border
stations?

In any event I do agree with you Rick that Willie Nelson being heard was
most likely not WEW.

Sincerely,
Confused
Todd Skaine in