From: swlfest-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swlfest-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:44 PM
To: Discussion list for the Winter SWL Fest
Subject: [Swlfest] "This is the BBC in Kulpsville, PA..."

Now's your chance!

The past two weeks, the BBC's "Over To You", which succeeded "Write
On" as the listener contact program, announced that the BBCWS is
soliciting listener-produced versions of the catchphrase used in the
ID at the top of the hour.

This is when you hear "This is the BBC in Brazzaville...This is the
BBC in New York..." etc.

So tune up your radio voice and give it a whirl.  MP3s via e-mail can
be sent to overtoyou@xxxxxxxxx; you can also send audiotapes, CDs, or
even vinyl records via mail to the usual Bush House address.

No deadline was given; they had a few examples of people recording the
phrrase in last Sunday's edition of the program.

I know I have suggested the BBC solicit user contributions for the ID
in the past year...but I suspect others have too.

Perhaps we can pull a few strings and have one for Kulpsville...or
perhaps Enid, Oklahoma... used during the weekend of the Fest...