Re: [Swlfest] Ian McFarland & the Two Bobs in conversation

Re: [Swlfest] Ian McFarland & the Two Bobs in conversation

Skype flavoured VoIP is HUGE in Europe at the moment.  It is very wide
band and so if the callers have a high enough quality (ie not a phone)
setup at each end the quality can surpass that of ISDN G722 dialup
CODECs.

Skype is turning up in all sorts of apps coming out of Europe. It's even
being applied to applications that it's not suited for (can anyone say
"Apollo 13 air conditioning"?).

I don't think it'll be long before we see a broadband enabled CODECs on
the market for almost nothing.

Mark