Re: [Swprograms] Can I run on the Ambiguous Party even if I'm notCanadian?

At 10:53 AM 5/24/04 -0400, Joel Rubin wrote:

>By the way, there's a George Ade (Chicago-area humorist around 1900)
>"fable in slang" about a politician who always went into pretentious
>b.s. ("From the rockbound coast of Maine...") when asked difficult
>questions.

Joel,

I know you are a Jean Shepherd fan as I am.  Did you know that George Ade had a big influence on the humor of Jean Shepherd?  Ade wrote of the commoner in rural Indiana much as Shep wrote about life in his home town of Homan, Indiana. (Hammond)

I remember Shep referring to Ade a number of times on his radio show.

Ade graduated from my alma mater, Purdue University, in 1887.  He was the principle founder of the Sigma Chi fraternity at Purdue and donated some big bucks to the building of the football stadium that today still bears his name. (Ross Ade Stadium).

Cheers,

Joe Buch