[Swprograms] VOR Program Guide

THE VOICE OF RUSSIA WORLD SERVICE OFFERS LISTENERS THE FOLLOWING REGULAR
FEATURES:

NEWS AND VIEWS
- Our views on news developments
FOCUS ON ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
- News and comments on events in the region
COMMONWEALTH UPDATE
-Comments on the latest developments in the CIS, in-depth analysis of
current events and major issues of home policies
THE RIVER OF TIME
-Features some of the most significant events in world history
THIS IS RUSSIA
- A program addressed to those who want to get to know Russia and the
Russians better. Visit our cities and regions, hear more about our
nature, culture,the arts, religion, and, of course, about Russians
RUSSIA: PEOPLE AND EVENTS
- Presents the history of Russia through events and personalities
KALEIDOSCOPE
- Information on the latest events in the Commonwealth of Independent
States, economic, social and cultural, and also on the traditions and
customs of its peoples
MOSCOW YESTERDAY AND TODAY
- A program recalling some of the most interesting events in the history
of Moscow
AUDIO BOOK
CLUB
- Offers you the best of Russian classic and contemporary literature
MOSCOW MAILBAG
- Answers 15-20 of your questions every week. For many years the
top-rated program from Moscow
NEWMARKET
- An insider's analysis of the fast-growing Russian market. News about
business legislation and various aspects of Russia's involvement in
international business
LADIES OF CHARACTER
- Features glamorous personalities with original life philosophies
YOU WRITE TO MOSCOW
- A review of our latest mail
THE CHRISTIAN MESSAGE FROM MOSCOW
- Programs about Russian Orthodoxy, stories about the lives of Russian
Saints and also church music and religious literature
MUSIC AND MUSICIANS
- World-famous performers and composers play for you
MUSICAL TALES

- A wealth of eye-opening information, little-known facts, popular music
and rare recordings will help our listeners to know more about the past
and present of Russian music

RUSSIA - 1000 YEARS OF MUSIC

- Leads you, year by year, century by century, through the history of
Russian music

MUSIC CALENDAR
- A monthly program about musicians and musical events that have stood
the test of time - the strictest and most objective judge ever. In each
broadcast we'll be remembering the high points of the incoming month
RUSSIAN TREASURES
- A veritable encyclopedia of Russian classical music
FOLK BOX
- An indispensable program for lovers of folk music
JAZZ SHOW
- The world of jazz
MUSIC AROUND US
- Offers a wide range of music styles, features popular Russian
performers and composers, new records and music trends in Russia
MUSIC AT
YOUR REQUEST
- For 30 minutes we play music of your choice
SONGS FROM RUSSIA
-Presents melodies of the past and musical novelties
MOSCOW CALLING

? 30 minutes of sheer rock'n'roll drive for everyone, who feels
respect for traditions and young blood of rock. Latest releases,
interviews, guest speakers, and all you wanted to know about the Russian
rock scene.

TIMELINES
- Estelle Winters giving you an insight into life in Moscow through
foreign eyes every weekend with information,entertainment and a few
laughs
RUSSIAN BY RADIO
-Russian-language lessons for foreigners