Re: [Swprograms] Getting transmitters back up

Re: [Swprograms] Getting transmitters back up

Ted, this was in yesterday`s DXLD 4-150 Oct 1:

Now that it`s a few days later, I wonder if you have made a damage assessment
and have any news about 1) when power will be back, 2) when WYFR can start
coming back on air. I recall that after Frances you did get back to full
strength quite a bit quicker than the two weeks at first expected. Are all the
transmitters OK, at least? (gh to Dan Elyea, WYFR, Sept 30, via DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

Hello Glenn, The short answer is that electrical power is not restored yet;
phones came back into service today. We're hoping that power may be restored by
sometime this weekend, though there is no certainty of that.  Damage in the
field is extensive.  As far as we can tell (with no power yet), only two
transmitters were damaged.

We would hope to start returning to the air in a few days, but that is
contingent on restoration of electrical power. Best regards, (Dan Elyea, WYFR
Okeechobee, Oct 1, ibid.)