Re: [Swprograms] OT: FCC Issues BPL Rules

Re: [Swprograms] OT: FCC Issues BPL Rules

Joe Buch wrote:

<< Here's another idea; couple your 150 watt ham rig into the power line
through a capacitor.  Once the BPL company installs those bypass capacitors around
your pole transformer, the entire power grid could become your transmitting
antenna. And incidently, the receiver in nearby BPL repeaters will likely fry
in the first 20 milliseconds of your first transmission.  There will be no
trace of what caused the problem.  Soon the power company will get tired of
replacing repeaters and fold the service as not being reliable.  They will likely
leave the transformer bypass capacitors in place rather than spend money to
remove them.  Now you will be able to use the power grid as a huge transmitting
antenna.>>

I love this, Joe...a guerilla movement, yes!!!!!!!!!    Someone(I won't say
who) must organize this with an anonymous website for speading the word and
technical support, and an e-mail network.   I might even be inspired to get back
on the air to use this new resource.

"For 5-9 signals everytime
Use the Broadband Power Line"

Saul Broudy  (W3 .__ ..... _._)