Re: [Swprograms] OT: FCC Issues BPL Rules

Re: [Swprograms] OT: FCC Issues BPL Rules

   They have recently talked about installing BPL in
the philippines and the local hams are quite against
the move, not just because of what were seeing here
but its costs might be outrageous.
    My son recently approached us about Broadband and
found out the price is very steep from the other type.
Our price for regular service is around 200-300 peso's
per month, or if you go to the cafe's its around 100
peso per hour.
    Broad band charges 1,550 to 2000 peso's per month
and not too many locals can afford that price.
     Many local hams are trying to stop the program
and I think if some of us can get together and send
our objections to Kerry he might reconsider it.

      Larry Fields, n6hpx/du1
      Cavite,Philippines