To: "Shortwave programming discussion" <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] OT: FCC Issues BPL Rules

Joe,

You're getting pretty radical in your retirement!
I love it ...... Radio Fanatics Rebel against The FCC & BPL ... The ultimate
act of civil disobedience.

jim strader

Joe Buch wrote:

Here's another idea; couple your 150 watt ham rig into the power line through a capacitor. Once the BPL company installs those bypass capacitors around your pole transformer, the entire power grid could become your transmitting antenna. And incidently, the receiver in nearby BPL repeaters will likely fry in the first 20 milliseconds of your first transmission. There will be no trace of what caused the problem. Soon the power company will get tired of replacing repeaters and fold the service as not being reliable. They will likely leave the transformer bypass capacitors in place rather than spend money to remove them. Now you will be able to use the power grid as a huge transmitting antenna.