[Swprograms] Sleeping with the Elephant

Also heard on RCI on shortwave, 1400 to 1700 UTC. If I'm not mistaken this is the Sunday when we set our clocks back. B-04 frequencies TBA, but 9515 kHz would be a good bet.
Cheers,
Ricky Leong
Montreal

http://www3.cbc.ca/sections/newsitem_redux.asp?ID=3679

THE SUNDAY EDITION HOSTS A PUBLIC FORUM ON “WHAT IT’S LIKE TO SLEEP WITH THE ELEPHANT”

CBC Radio One’s THE SUNDAY EDITION hosts a two-hour public forum called Sleeping with the Elephant: Canada/U.S. relations on the Eve of a Presidential Election, Wednesday, Oct. 27 at the W.R.Castell Library in Calgary, from 7:30 to 10 p.m. The W.R. Castell Library is located at 616 Macleod Trail South East.

The U.S. dwarfs Canada with its population, its influence, and its economic, military and cultural power. The forum, moderated by THE SUNDAY EDITION’S Michael Enright, will explore the relationship between Canada and the United States-what it should be and what we should do to achieve that relationship. Although prompted by the coming U.S. election, the forum is not a discussion of whether George Bush or John Kerry is better suited to be president, but rather how Canadians choose to deal with the U.S.

The first hour of the forum will involve a panel discussion; the second hour will include questions from the audience, handled by Michael Enright and then directed at one, several or all of the panellists. The panellists are: Barry Cooper (University of Calgary), Roger Gibbins (Canada West Foundation), Aritha Van Herk (Writer), Shadia Drury (University of Regina), Catherine Ford (The Calgary Herald) and Lorne Taylor (Alberta’s minister of the environment).

Sleeping with the Elephant: Canada/U.S. relations on the Eve of a Presidential Election will be recorded for broadcast and is scheduled to air on THE SUNDAY EDITION from 9 a.m. to noon, Sunday, Oct. 31.