Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:12:16 -0500
From: Daniel Rosenzweig <danielzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: KI Shortwave due to cease Dec 31
To: Kol <danielzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>

When the current Kol Israel shortwave schedule
was released, the effective date was only Oct 31, 2004 until
Dec 31, 2004. At that point, I asked around and was told that
a notice was sent through Kol Israel, that Israel Radio shortwave
is due to cease as of Dec 31.

As I had not seen any press on this, I had been waiting to receive
a copy of the actual letter. Through various contacts, I have been
unable to.
As of now, though, the http://www.israelradio.org/  homepage now
does have the following notice, "Please note Shortwave
transmission is due to cease on December 31, 2004."

One thing to note is that while Israel Radio is available on the
Internet,
many of the Arab countries are blocking access to the IBA Web
feeds.

Another thing to note, is that this time around, people were told that
their program budgets would improve if shortwave is cut. Therefore,
there is much wider support for the cessation of shortwave this
time.

I will find out the best people to write to, to show your concerns.

The israelradio.org website now has the current shortwave schedule
posted.
Also, the LiveStream website has been updated to show
accurate broadcast times for this time of the year.