[Swprograms] Fw: Media Network Newsletter 20 January 2005

See the item below regarding Victor Goonetilleke -- you'll be able to hear him next week on RNW.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

To: <MEDIA-NETWORK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:22 AM
Subject: Media Network Newsletter 20 January 2005

<snip>

Hello from Hilversum,

I've just been with my colleague Laura Durnford, preparing an item for next Monday's edition of our weekly science magazine the Research File. Some of you will have seen the report in New Scientist magazine about Victor Goonetilleke's concerns about the effects of Broadband Over Powerline technology on the usefulness of shortwaves in emergencies such as the tsumani disaster. Since Victor is a close friend and a long-time contributor to Radio Netherlands, we called him last night and had a chat about the issue. That will be one of the items on next week's show. Tune in to our broadcast on Monday or listen next week on the Internet. There will also be a related Web feature to be published next Thursday - details in the next Newsletter.

http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/radioprogrammes/researchfile