[Swprograms] NYTimes: Newspapers contemplating charging for online access

[Swprograms] NYTimes: Newspapers contemplating charging for online access

Interesting article in today's NY Times.

I know that online newspaper content is a daily staple of my newsgathering;
and is effectively a replacement for some elements of shortwave listening
when I can take the time to sit in front of a screen.

However, if the trend is indeed to increasingly charge for content, this
changes the competitive landscape and means I might spend more time
listening and less time reading.

This has ramifications for those broadcasters (like the BBC, DW, RNW, and
CBC) that have invested heavily in online news content as an adjuct to their
radio/TV services).

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/14/business/media/14paper.html?