	From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Richard Cuff
	Sent: Mon 3/14/2005 11:05 PM
	To: Shortwave programming discussion; Glenn Hauser
	Subject: [Swprograms] BBC WS to further reduce frequencies to the Americaswith A-05 schedule

	I was aware this was forthcoming; thanks to Kim Elliott for flagging
	the specific link.

	Remarkable that the BBC somehow can't fund a transmitter for an hour
	(0100-0200) somewhere that could reach Eastern North America...such as
	WYFR (which they already use) or WHRI (the old WSHB).  Even at $100 /
	transmitter-hour this would cost $36,500 for the year.

	See http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/schedules/frequencies/index.shtml
	for the notice; here are the new frequencies as of the A-05
	changeover:

	To the Caribbean:

	6195    1000-1100 UT
	11865   1100-1300
	15190   1300-1400
	11675   2100-2130
	15390   2100-2200
	5975    2200-0100

	To Central America:

	5975    0300-0400
	9605    1200-1300

	To South America:

	5975    0200-0300
	9825    0200-0300
	11720   2130-2145
	12095   0200-0300
	15190   1200-1300

	We'll have to rely on broadcasts targeting Europe, Africa and the
	Pacific (for our left coast friends).

	Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

<<winmail.dat>>