[Swprograms] Re: Incredible Arrogance

Scott et al:

It's not an either/or proposition.  It's as simple as that.  To pretend
that it is (as the BBC is doing) is disingenuous and what they do has
repercussions.  And they know it.

And since when is the BBC is "business"?  It's a state-sponsored
enterprise. It's like pretending that dollars are votes.  Not
everything can be downconverted to currency.  Public service is one of
those things.  I cringe every time I hear someone in my government
agency (where I work) refer to our constituents/clents as "customers".
It's a gross distortion and just because everyone is doing it these
days because it's in vogue doesn't make it correct or accurate.

John