Sender: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx(John Figliozzi) Date: Sat, Mar 26, 2005, 7:29pm
To: swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shortwave programming discussion)
Subject: [Swprograms] Re: Incredible Arrogance Reply to:
swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shortwave programming discussion)
This message is not marked with a green dot  in your Mail list because
it is not from a known sender. To make this a known sender, choose one
of these links:
? Add sender to Address book
? Add sender to approved senders list
Scott et al:
It's not an either/or proposition. It's as simple as that. To pretend
that it is (as the BBC is doing) is disingenuous and what they do has
repercussions. And they know it.
And since when is the BBC is "business"? It's a state-sponsored
enterprise. It's like pretending that dollars are votes. Not everything
can be downconverted to currency. Public service is one of those things.
I cringe every time I hear someone in my government agency (where I
work) refer to our constituents/clents as "customers". It's a gross
distortion and just because everyone is doing it these days because it's
in vogue doesn't make it correct or accurate.
John