[Swprograms] Re: Re. DW Cuts in German

John Figliozzi graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> I could be wrong, but I think this was the case already.  DW in
> German broadcast to NA only from 2200-0600 during B04, I believe.

I listened to them lots of weekend afternoons this past winter from 1800-
2200 on 17860, for the Bundesliga results at the end of the 1900 UTC news,
Land und Leute following the 1900 news, and Funkjournal at 2000 UTC.

Perhaps that 17860 broadcast has always been for Africa, but could be
heard in the US.  But the point is that that frequency is no longer being
used at all.

(On weekends, Funkjournal is every four hours instead of every two, which
means the earliest edition to North America will now be the 2300 UTC
edition.)

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00.  Do you know where your children are?