Re: [Swprograms] (ot):vwhere to find discussion or reviews of analog SW portables?

Re: [Swprograms] (ot):vwhere to find discussion or reviews of analog SW portables?

Hi, Donna --

Passport to World Band Radio has the most comprehensive overall
reviews; do you have a scanned version of that?

Radio Netherlands might have some analog receiver reviews still up at
http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/media/productreviews/rx_index.html.

The newest analog I've seen is the Grundig S350, made by Tecsun and
sold by them as the BCL2000.  That's $100 from Universal.  That might
be bigger than you want.  Check this URL:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/3500.html.  We gave
one away at the Fest last year.  Great sound.

Another option is the Sony SW-20.  It apperas you'd have to buy that
used.  It's tiny -- 3 inches x 5 inches x 0.5 inch.  Double
conversion.  I have one; my only complaint might be battery related;
frequently the radio shuts itself off while I'm minding my own
business and listening.

The Universal website also lists a couple Sangeans; Kaito has one
called the WRX-911.  The reviews I've read of it are middling.

The Universal Radio page with all receivers -- showing which are
analog and which are digital - is
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable.html.

Hope this gets you started.  Perhaps others with a bit more free time
than me could summarize the Passport reviews of analog sets for you.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA