Re: [Swprograms] DRM launches at the IFA

Re: [Swprograms] DRM launches at the IFA

I agree wholeheartedly. Mike.  To add further perspective to this
issue, there was a report last night on NBC news about the role the
lowly (to some...perhaps including Senger) transistor radio was
playing in getting vital information to victims of the Katrina
Disaster in the US South.

DRM might offer some real advantages and improvements for hf
broadcasting in many respects.  But it still has more challenges to
overcome including the ease with which it can be jammed and the
potential (cited by Senger himself) for disaster if BPL efforts
continue to proliferate.

McLuhan may have said that the medium is the message, but I think it
is clear for all to see that the message is the message.  Which
medium most effectively carries it according to situation is another
matter.

John Figliozzi