Re: [Swprograms] Satellite Radio - House of Cards, Will Bury Terrestrial, Neither?

Re: [Swprograms] Satellite Radio - House of Cards, Will Bury Terrestrial, Neither?

Interesting perspectives.  I've taken a bit more than a passing
interest on this topic and--while buzzbunch is not incorrect on any
points he makes here (IMHO)--I do think he's attaching too much
importance to the details and not enough on the big picture.  (He's
also sort of tied to his previous pronouncements.)

The long-term essential question is: "Are these services growing at a
pace sufficient to sustain their operations until the business itself
matures into a "going concern"?  The answer, even now, is no one knows
for certain.  For every argument that this is a loser, you can come up
with an argument that says it's going to be a winner.

Two things are certain:  (1) This business is the fastest growing
consumer electronics-based business ever, significantly outpacing
direct satellite television's growth here during its formative years;
and (2) During their early years, cable and satellite television were
erroneously derided as losing propositions too.

Ah, the future!  It's like predicting the weather...  the longer you
go out, the more likely you are to be proven wrong.  :-))  I think
I'll just enjoy my subscription to Sirius, not worry, and see how it
all works out in the end.

John Figliozzi