Re: [Swprograms] DX Listening Digest 7-069; WOR 1362

At 04:31 PM 06/15/2007, you wrote:
>Joe,
>Are there any other channels "in the clear" with such a
>deactivated Dish network setup besides the NASA TV channel?  If
>so, it may pay off to get such a setup from a neighbor if
>posible.
>
>Kevin Anderson

Yes, there is one other TV channel on the 119 satellite.  It is called Angel One.  Gospel huxters mostly.  For a while they were sending the Chinese English language service CCTV-9 in the clear but then they moved it to the satellite at 110.  I do not know if it is in the clear today.  I found CCTV-9 a good service with interesting programs in English 24 hours a day.

There are many music channels which are not scrambled but the Dish receiver will not receive them because the Dish receiver I have was not set up to receive them when I was last a subscriber.  I do know you can buy free-to-air DVB receivers that will pick up these music channels including many from the Sirius service.

Joe