Re: [Swprograms] OT: Digital radio market study

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Digital radio market study

Interesting take, Mike.  Thanks for that perspective... and the
source.  I've bookmarked "followthemedia" for future reference.
Working in the telecom regulatory sphere, it never hurts to have more
sources.  (Well, it does, because the more info you have the harder it
seems to be to make definitive judgements, but...c'est la vie.)

With all the relentless focus on "the market" these days as solution
to everything, it's enlightening to see that some of the most earnest
purveyors of markets over regulation generally, want a specific
regulatory edict sunseting analogue radio as the most effective means
of ensuring a market for digital.  The thinking seems to be
that, "Just because we have a new (and presumably better and more
flexible) platform, that doesn't mean that we should have to alter the
business model in any meaningful fashion."

I guess for some, competition only works when risk is eliminated.  Can
you truly have one without the other?

John Figliozzi