[Swprograms] OT: my wish list for an iPOD-like device

[Swprograms] OT: my wish list for an iPOD-like device

I may be able to wangle an iPOD or similar device, and for me its purpose would be to listen to world radio shows -- RN, BBC, RNZ, NPR, & etc.  Are there any preferred technologies or options that are worth prioritizing (priorizing?)?

For use, are there any preferred URLs that make access easier?

What about battery life?

I'm taking the lazy approach to this, having done little research.  I did learn that my few friends who have these devices use them for music only, for running or commuting.

(Me, I use a DT300VW Sangean for listening to CBC-690, KGO-810, and, when far enough south, KPLU-88.5 as my current pocket portable)

thanks

ef
Vancouver BC