Re: [Swprograms] Hello

Mark -

I think Richard and others have said it very well.  But I might add that we are just as enthusiastic about shortwave as we ever were.  However, we are even more enthusiastic about the content of those broadcasts.  Unfortunately--again, as Richard said--even our suburban and, yes, exurban locations are now generating noise and RF QRM to the point where listening on shortwave often becomes exceedingly frustrating.  So we had a choice--settle for what we could get via shortwave (i.e.: a diminishing return) or embrace other platforms in addition to shortwave.  Several of us have chosen the more expansive and open approach because it gives us more of what we seek.

I have more shortwave radios today than I had even a few years ago.  So my "devotion" (if one can call it that) to shortwave continues unabated.  I've just learned that I can worship at other altars as well.  :-))

Stick around.  I think you'll grow to like us.  <g>

John