Re: [Swprograms] Radio Romania International - "the issue of ceasing the short-wave broadcasts"

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Romania International - "the issue of ceasing the short-wave broadcasts"

If so, I suppose this trashes the heavy investment the country just recently made in those new, powerful shortwave transmitters, let alone its investment in DRM.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY

---- Mike Terry <miketerry73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>From DXLD:

Today during a press conference the Romanian President Traian Băsescu said this:

"I can tell you that the Presidency made ​​an intervention related to Radio Romania last week, when they raised the issue of ceasing the short-wave broadcasts, which would affect the reception for those who live abroad."

I didn't find any other information regarding this subject, but what the President said makes me think the end of SW broadcasts from RRI may be near.

73,
Tudor Vedeanu
(Gura Humorului, Romania)