[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 31

Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.
Apart from the originating programâs web site, most programs are made available through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.

ââ

âCatching Up with the Jetsons--Cities in 2050â
FUTURE TENSE - ABC Radio National
Fifty-four percent of the worldâs population currently live in urban areas; and, according to the UN, by 2050 that percentage will increase to around 66 percent. The urban population of the world at the mid-point of this century is expected to be close to six-and-a-half billion people. So what will future cities look like? How will they function andâimportantlyâhow do we keep them focussed on human need? This panel session was recorded at the World Science Festival, Brisbane. (29â)
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/futuretense/catching-up-with-the-jetsons-cities-in-2050/7259002

âCellmates"
RADIOLAB - WNYC New York Public Radio
Thereâs a black hole in the middle of the history of life: how did we go from tiny bags of chemicals to the vast menagerie of creatures we see around us?  We explore one of the most underrated mysteries of all time, and present one possible answer that takes us from an unexpected houseguest to a tiny bolt of lightning to every critter you hold dear. Itâs the story of one cosmic oops moment that changed the game of life forever. (31â)
http://www.radiolab.org/story/cellmates/

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com