Re: [IRCA] Kona, Hawaii Ultralight DU's for 12-17

Which makes me wonder if Kirimati-846 is snagging their master signal off the internet somewhere somehow? Presumably a lot cheaper than any dedicated line.

Paul W......do you have any inside information?

best wishes,

Nick

At 20:53 2017-12-17, Volodya S wrote:
Interesting about the 19 sec delay, as the delay is maybe 1 second only
between the on-line relay and 846 itself!   73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Gary DeBock <d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The 5 inch (127mm) Frequent Flyer FSL started tracking down the DU's right
> away here in Kona this evening, but T-storm activity made reception of the
> weaker DU's a little dicey. I was able to confirm a 19-second time delay
> between the programming on 846-Kiribati (Christmas Island) and
> 1440-Kiribati (Tarawa), as documented in one of the MP3's linked below. The
> sign-off routine off 1440-Kiribati was also confirmed to still start at
> 0933 UTC, with the loud 1000 tone still there until power is cut at 0936.
> 846-Kiribati seems to have intermittent transmitter issues, as documented
> in one of the MP3's below. 1098-Marshalls was S9+ around 0700, but the
> signals from 540-2AP, 558-Fiji and 1017-Tonga were hit hard by the
> T-storms. 621-Tuvalu was somewhere in between, with fair to good strength
> female speech (in English) at 0724. Other than that is was another awesome
> evening in Kona, where the temperature was 79 degrees today.

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada

---