Hard-Core-DX.com - Probably the best DX site in the world Aug 15, 2018, 22:33:28 UTC  
Calendar  | Subscribe to our Mailing List  | Search our site & web  | Polls  | About  | Antenna Books  | Archives  | Copyright  | Hard-Core-DX store  | Radio Books  | Write To Us
Be first -- subscribe!
Get all DX news directly to your email inbox.
Subscribe to the HCDX mailing list

HCDX Channels
Front page
DX News
Logs


Special:
Antennas
DX Lab

Latin America:
Andes DX

Partner Channels
QSL News
Clandestine Radio
Russian DX
Shortwave Bulletin
Signal DX
World of Radio

Medium wave:
IRCA

In Finnish:
Suomi DX
DX Usenet

In French:
DX Philately

In German:
A-DX

In Italian:
BCLNews
Radioascolto
FMDX Italy

In Portuguese:
@tividade DX

In Russian:
Русь-DX
Сигнал

In Spanish:
Conexion Digital

Radio Stations:
SWR Radio News


Do you want to have your
own HCDX Channel?

We would like to see
your channel here.
Please email to
HCDX Staff


HCDX Online Log
The latest logs on
HCDX Online Log
Add yours as well!

DXing Events
There are no upcoming events




TP 3 Aug Victoria version.  View Printable Version 
Saturday, August 04 2018

IRCA
Another Asian morning in Victoria, with hints of New Zealand later.


pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

774 JOUB English lessons 1210UT


Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

747 JOIB man talking Japanese //774 1207UT, briefly matching the 750 splatter

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

972 HLCA two men in Korean 1153UT; pips noted at 1200UT


Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music)

567 female ballad, not // with scrappy bits on 594 1215UT; RNZ National?

594 man talking, Japanese intonation 1209UT

675 man talking, DU English intonation 1246UT

828 sounded like English lessons, man and woman 1115UT

864 man talking; sounded more Japanese than English 1221UT

1287 man talking, Japanese intonation 1120UT

1566 HLAZ traces of "What a Friend I Have in Jesus" on piano, intro to Japanese program 1230UT


Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter)

693 891 1134 1206 1242 1323 1503 seemed to be Asian;
594 612 756 828 891 909 963 1017 1035 1098 1503 1548 seemed to be DU

best wishes,

Nick


Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada

 

Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 6) Ultralight DU's for 8-3 (Preliminary)  View Printable Version 
Saturday, August 04 2018

IRCA
Hi Walt,
<<< Nice audio and pictures. Gary Iâm amazed that the pvc stands donât succumb to wind blasts! >>>
Actually the PVC bases are quite stable when there is a 16 kg (35 pound) FSL antenna on top of them! If there is really nasty wind we have some heavy-duty plastic tie wraps to secure the PVC bases to local rocks, or trees.
<<< Do the squatters add any QRN? Would you consider pre-empting them with staying at the site parked in the evening? Might deter a few from parking! >>>
Well, our FSL's actually take up very little space, so it's no problem for us to quickly relocate to another cliff turnoff on Highway 101 (there are 9 of them) if necessary. The RV's haven't caused any RFI that I'm aware of, although the owners do occasionally emit some audio pollution. Rockwork 4 has the tradition of the 88-Kiwi DXpedition in 2014, but it certainly isn't unique in its awesome DU-enhanced propagation, judging by this week's results. Rockwork 5 and 6 have both provided all the DXing excitement we could have hoped for!
73, Gary (in Nehalem, OR)


> On August 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Volodya S <canswl@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Nice audio and pictures. Gary Iâm amazed that the pvc stands donât succumb to wind blasts! Do the squatters add any QRN? Would you consider pre-empting them with staying at the site parked in the evening? Might deter a few from parking! 73, Walt
>
> On Friday, August 3, 2018, Gary DeBock < d1028gary@comcast.net mailto:d1028gary@comcast.net > wrote:
>
> > > The Kiwis were definitely on the warpath again this morning as multiple obscure stations had their best session in quite a while (and 738-Magic had its best session ever). The 594-Star duo hit S9, as did 963-Star. Alexandra was especially well represented with a couple of 2 kW stations (531-More FM and 639-RNZ) pounding in at times. Even the "dwarf Star" (576) managed to silence the 50 kW Oz big gun 2RN.
> >
> > Unfortunately the "sleeping squatters" had once again jammed up Rockwork 4, as well as Rockwork 5. Craig followed me to the relatively large Rockwork 6 turnoff (the one with the highest elevation), and we did our setup at the southern end, as far as possible from several RV's. The transoceanic propagation at Rockwork 6 certainly didn't disappoint, and we had another thrilling session tracking down multiple low powered NZ stations. The notoriously tough 531-More FM cooperated nicely with 3 ID's in 3 minutes at 1247-- a male-voiced ID at 14 seconds, a female-voiced ID at 15 seconds, and another female-voiced ID at 3:26 https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/p2et4xa8e602y0ocbzuongxziw7xafrc https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/p2et4xa8e602y0ocbzuongxziw7xafrc
> >
> > Up until now 531-More FM had only been heard at Rockwork 4 on the west coast, but now it has finally been heard in a new place-- Rockwork 6 :-) More details to follow...
> >
> > 73 and Good DX,
> >
> > Gary DeBock (DXing at Rockwork 6 with Craig Barnes)
> >
> > Session photos from this morning posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/exthrjjmdfmtphpsl8wvs8sogy3bdqu1 https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/exthrjjmdfmtphpsl8wvs8sogy3bdqu1
> >
> > and https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xigucktp07306guw0fh3e4ep49f4qepb https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xigucktp07306guw0fh3e4ep49f4qepb
> >
> > 7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB and XHDATA D-808 portables + 15" and 17" DXpedition FSL antennas
> >
> >
> > ______________________________ _________________
> > IRCA mailing list
> > IRCA@hard-core-dx.com mailto:IRCA@hard-core-dx.com
> > http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca
> >
> > Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
> >
> > For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org
> >
> > To Post a message: irca@hard-core-dx.com mailto:irca@hard-core-dx.com
> >
> >
> > >

 

Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 6) Ultralight DU's for 8-3 (Preliminary)  View Printable Version 
Friday, August 03 2018

IRCA
Nice audio and pictures. Gary Iâm amazed that the pvc stands donât succumb
to wind blasts! Do the squatters add any QRN? Would you consider
pre-empting them with staying at the site parked in the evening? Might
deter a few from parking! 73, Walt

On Friday, August 3, 2018, Gary DeBock <d1028gary@comcast.net> wrote:

> The Kiwis were definitely on the warpath again this morning as
> multiple obscure stations had their best session in quite a while (and
> 738-Magic had its best session ever). The 594-Star duo hit S9, as did
> 963-Star. Alexandra was especially well represented with a couple of 2 kW
> stations (531-More FM and 639-RNZ) pounding in at times. Even the "dwarf
> Star" (576) managed to silence the 50 kW Oz big gun 2RN.
>
> Unfortunately the "sleeping squatters" had once again jammed up
> Rockwork 4, as well as Rockwork 5. Craig followed me to the relatively
> large Rockwork 6 turnoff (the one with the highest elevation), and we did
> our setup at the southern end, as far as possible from several RV's. The
> transoceanic propagation at Rockwork 6 certainly didn't disappoint, and we
> had another thrilling session tracking down multiple low powered NZ
> stations. The notoriously tough 531-More FM cooperated nicely with 3 ID's
> in 3 minutes at 1247-- a male-voiced ID at 14 seconds, a female-voiced ID
> at 15 seconds, and another female-voiced ID at 3:26
> https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/p2et4xa8e602y0ocbzuongxziw7xafrc
>
> Up until now 531-More FM had only been heard at Rockwork 4 on the west
> coast, but now it has finally been heard in a new place-- Rockwork 6 :-)
> More details to follow...
>
> 73 and Good DX,
>
> Gary DeBock (DXing at Rockwork 6 with Craig Barnes)
>
> Session photos from this morning posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/
> exthrjjmdfmtphpsl8wvs8sogy3bdqu1
>
> and https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xigucktp07306guw0fh3e4ep49f4qepb
>
> 7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB and XHDATA D-808 portables + 15" and 17"
> DXpedition FSL antennas
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> IRCA mailing list
> IRCA@hard-core-dx.com
> http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca
>
> Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the
> original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the
> IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
>
> For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org
>
> To Post a message: irca@hard-core-dx.com
>
>

 

Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 6) Ultralight DU's for 8-3 (Preliminary)  View Printable Version 
Friday, August 03 2018

IRCA
The Kiwis were definitely on the warpath again this morning as multiple obscure stations had their best session in quite a while (and 738-Magic had its best session ever). The 594-Star duo hit S9, as did 963-Star. Alexandra was especially well represented with a couple of 2 kW stations (531-More FM and 639-RNZ) pounding in at times. Even the "dwarf Star" (576) managed to silence the 50 kW Oz big gun 2RN.

Unfortunately the "sleeping squatters" had once again jammed up Rockwork 4, as well as Rockwork 5. Craig followed me to the relatively large Rockwork 6 turnoff (the one with the highest elevation), and we did our setup at the southern end, as far as possible from several RV's. The transoceanic propagation at Rockwork 6 certainly didn't disappoint, and we had another thrilling session tracking down multiple low powered NZ stations. The notoriously tough 531-More FM cooperated nicely with 3 ID's in 3 minutes at 1247-- a male-voiced ID at 14 seconds, a female-voiced ID at 15 seconds, and another female-voiced ID at 3:26 https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/p2et4xa8e602y0ocbzuongxziw7xafrc

Up until now 531-More FM had only been heard at Rockwork 4 on the west coast, but now it has finally been heard in a new place-- Rockwork 6 :-) More details to follow...

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (DXing at Rockwork 6 with Craig Barnes)

Session photos from this morning posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/exthrjjmdfmtphpsl8wvs8sogy3bdqu1

and https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xigucktp07306guw0fh3e4ep49f4qepb

7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB and XHDATA D-808 portables + 15" and 17" DXpedition FSL antennas

 

Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 6) Ultralight DU's for 8-3 (Preliminary)  View Printable Version 
Friday, August 03 2018

IRCA
The Kiwis were definitely on the warpath again this morning as multiple obscure stations had their best session in quite a while (and 738-Magic had its best session ever). The 594-Star duo hit S9, as did 963-Star. Alexandra was especially well represented with a couple of 2 kW stations (531-More FM and 639-RNZ) pounding in at times. Even the "dwarf Star" (576) managed to silence the 50 kW Oz big gun 2RN.

Unfortunately the "sleeping squatters" had once again jammed up Rockwork 4, as well as Rockwork 5. Craig followed me to the relatively large Rockwork 6 turnoff (the one with the highest elevation), and we did our setup at the southern end, as far as possible from several RV's. The transoceanic propagation at Rockwork 6 certainly didn't disappoint, and we had another thrilling session tracking down multiple low powered NZ stations. The notoriously tough 531-More FM cooperated nicely with 3 ID's in 3 minutes at 1247-- a male-voiced ID at 14 seconds, a female-voiced ID at 15 seconds, and another female-voiced ID at 3:26 https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/p2et4xa8e602y0ocbzuongxziw7xafrc

Up until now 531-More FM had only been heard at Rockwork 4 on the west coast, but now it has finally been heard in a new place-- Rockwork 6 :-) More details to follow...

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (DXing at Rockwork 6 with Craig Barnes)

Session photos from this morning posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/exthrjjmdfmtphpsl8wvs8sogy3bdqu1

and https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xigucktp07306guw0fh3e4ep49f4qepb

7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB and XHDATA D-808 portables + 15" and 17" DXpedition FSL antennas

 

Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next
IRCA
Hard-Core-DX.com IRCA Channel is provided by:
.


Join IRCA!


DX Search Engine



Radio Portal
is a highly specialized seach engine for radio aficionados.

More
on how best to use Radio Portal.


This page was created in 1.64 seconds