Re: [IRCA] 12 Volt DXing and computers

Bill,

As you might suspect, I do that when DXing from the car and using my
WinRadio 313e.....  I use a small sealed lead-acid 6vdc motor cycle
battery in series with a 12vdc source, giving me 18vdc, more or
less.  That seems to work fine, being hyper paranoid about battery
polarity, etc. I've only done two multi-day DXpeditions that way, but
all equipment and the operator seem happy.

John B.