Re: [IRCA] Tone test on 1610 now?

To add a little more detail to my original post...

I've been monitoring the signal with test tone since first reported
by David Crawford on the DX Florida list about 2300Z, 11/28.

At 0500Z, 11/29, and for the last hour or so I've seen a steady S9+10
and over, on the R30cc with Quantum Loop, with occasional slow fades
down to S9.

At 0042Z the signal stopped for a couple seconds and again a few
seconds later, both times returning with the same tone.  Otherwise
I've not noticed it vary aside from slight fading.  That fading
brings up the level of the higher 1 kHz components and the 30 Hz
sidetones associated with them.

Spectran reports the primary tone peak at 1001.1 Hz, secondary at
1999.7 Hz.  Occasionally they flip status briefly, but most of the
time 1 kHz is strongest.  You can see an example here, where 2 kHz is
strongest:
http://scooterhound.com/WWWR/radio/1610Mystery0002.jpg
This does show what I tried to describe regarding sidetones.

Continues on at 0045Z 11/29.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan