Re: [IRCA] Palm Springs radio update

Pat,

Do you or others in the Great NorthWest pick up KPIG in Piedmont CA on 1510. They, like Concord once did, are located in the East Bay and beam their signal directly at San Francisco. I get a lot of Spokane at night over/under KPIG.

Don

Patrick Martin wrote:
How about the Santa Clara station on 1430? Anyone ever hear them? I
could not hear them from Sacramento 1965-1969, nor could I hear
KWUN-1480 Concord or KVRE-1460 Santa Rosa. Had to move to the Bay Area
to log them.<<

Yes, I hear Santa Clara often, KWUN was another I never logged. KVRE is
a LSS pest, being directional North. I even hear them at night often
with low power. The only Northern CA station I have yet to re-log and
QSL is KOBO-1450-Yuba City. Logged back in the 60s, but never sent a
report. I have tried for many years to relog them and no luck as yet.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside Oregon "Come visit us for the 2010 IRCA convention held Sept 24-26 at the Inn
At Seaside."