QUESTION: Re: DX SEASON

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

>At 04:05 PM 9/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone 'out there' have an understanding of what this Autumn and
>>Winter might be like as far as Dxing.In particular the frequencies of
>>540 khz.to 6,000 khz.....what is the propagation forcast in regards to
>>sunspots,cycles and all that solar flare stuff.
>Tom, conditions are already picking up. Most researchers agree that we past
>the minimum around May 96. The solar cycle is slowly turning up.

When we are talking about frequencies below 6 MHz, I don't agree that the
"conditions are picking up" when we are going towards sunspot maximum.
According to my experience they always get WORSE during the maximum. Even
on the higher frequencies the unstability of the conditions cut the most of
the use we get from higher maximal usable frequencies. Does anyone agree?

73

Mauno