[HCDX] Minidisc

>  From:    RMonty3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Montgomery)

>  Is this only one tested??  Is the RF problem go with most models?

As it seems, this is a typical problem only when using a portable MD recorder
too close to a receiver without a decent external antenna. Here at my
location currently I am listening with an AR7030 connected to an ALA 1530
broadband loop (indoors) and there isn´t any problem. It´s different when
operating a portable radio with a portable MD recorder. Then you will have to
take special care of the separation between the two.

Concerning the connectors: So far I have been lucky, because I never
experienced any problem. And I am using the portable MD recorder on a nearly
daily basis for 18 months now.

Another option would be to get a MD deck. Most of them are cheaper than
portable units. I have one here and so far I have not detected any
interferences coming out of it. And by using a good external timer, you can
also automatically record programs without sitting in front of the receiver.
I am doing this for recording favourite media programs.

vy73
Harald