Re: [HCDX] Phasing

>  From:    RMonty3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Montgomery)

>  There was a product built just for that purpose.  I have one and works
> very
>  nicely.  JPS ANC4 which was popular a few years back. The trick to using
>  this device is you must use an external antenna in the direction of the
>  noise in order to cancel it out. There is a vert extenstion antenna they
>  ship with the unit that is only good if the noise is in the shack.  So
>  remove and add an external long wire.  There are two tuning knobs and they
>  are used to select the noise and cancel it out.

As far as I know JPS ceased activities for the consumer market. But the
concept found in the ANC-4 has been bought by Timewave, so it should still be
available. Other phasing units are built by MFJ, SEM and Wellbrook. They are
all quite effective but it is kind of complicated to operate them.

vy73
Harald