Re: [HCDX] MP3 Recorders?

Mark Fine:
From: "Olivier Lomax" <olom@xxxxxxxx>
 Why bother with that kind of gear? The easiest way to record MW or SW
 transmissions is the computer itself.

Far be it from me to do something other than on a computer <G>, but the MP3 recorders are portable. Therefore, you don't need to have a computer on to make your recordings, and yet you can transfer them back to your computer at a later time.

Mark, I think you may have a misconception of what the MP3 devices can do. All of the ones I've seen are players only, including the Rio and Nomad devices you mentioned in your original post. The encoding into MP3 format is done on the computer.
--
Ralph Brandi ralph@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.brandi.org/

"Any revolution that goes on for too long is by definition a failure.
The idea is to become the establishment." - Linus Torvalds