Re: [HCDX] Radio Cook Islands (shortwave)

Re: [HCDX] Radio Cook Islands (shortwave)

Hi Niki,

Tuesday, October 28, 2003, 8:21:27 AM, you wrote:

> My name is Niki, I 'm new to the Hardcore DX List, in fact I'm new
> to this whole DX thing.  I read an article from a Wavescan program
> in 2000, about Radio Cook Islands on shortwave.  That's history now,
> it seems I was 10 years too late.  But I've been wanting to find out
> more about this shortwave service, and what happened when it went
> off the air.  What kind of programs did it air.  Perhaps some of you
> might have recordings of this station. I look forward to hearing
> from you folks!

beside the statation's URL at http://www.radio.co.ck/ there is an
article on radio in the Cook Islands available at
http://radiodx.com/spdxr/Cooks.htm

Maybe the webmaster of the last mentioned URL would be a good source
for any further information. It's Paul Ormandy,
paulorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome back to the hobby!

Willi

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org
    _/_/ The Radio Search Engine

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.