[HCDX] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970

After rearly 44 years of QSLing (Feb 65 to now), I have reached a
milestone of 3,000 MW QSLs from 95 countries. The one received in
today's mail is another jewell. It made my day.

970    KFBX     AK, Fairbanks, received a very nice QSL card "NewsRadio
970" in blue and "KFBX" is yellow lettering. Under that in black
lettering  "Fairbanks Alaska USA"    and " 970 kHz AM 10,000 watts."
Also enclosed was a nice letter on KFBX letterheard. in 358d V/S: Scott
Diseth, C.E.. Mentioning, they rarely get reports from the Lower 48.
Address: KFBX, Clear Channel Radio, 546 9th Avenue, Fairbanks  AK
99701. Alaska QSL #60, MW QSL 3,000.  (PM-OR)

I had given up on this one, as the report was tentative and the CD left
a lot to be desired quality-wise. No ID, but I did have spot for a Car
Dealer with the phone prefix, so I knew it was KFBX. I am sure happy
with this one.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin