[IRCA] KPOP-1360 San Diego switching to liberal talk

[IRCA] KPOP-1360 San Diego switching to liberal talk

The San Diego Union newspaper reported today that KPOP-1360 is switching to liberal talk, mostly Air America but also Ed Schultz of Jones Radio, and local host Stacy Taylor in AM drive. They are reportingly changing calls from KPOP to KLSD, which seems strangely appropriate.

Several previous attempts by KPOP to gradually switch from NOS to TLK have met with sharp criticism from listeners who haven't discovered KCEO-100 or XESDD-1030 yet (XESDD is just WW1 NOS; KCEO is pitiful snake-oil salesmen by day and wonderful local BBD/NOS all night).

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right..."

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA

http://www.inetworld.net/halls/dx/index.html

All dates/times mentioned in my reports are Eastern Local Time for US/Canadian stations and GMT for all others.