[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, February 11-17, 2019

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT!

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:Â
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page75
[over 338,000 views! as of February 17, 2019]

** U S A. 750, Sat Feb 16 at 1343 UT, ``Accentuate the Positive`` tune
playing, 1345 Bible fund-raiser talk, 1346 ``Footsteps from TWR`` with
Lauren Libby, president; says they use 230 languages, and shortwave
listening is increasing, getting back in style (?); Xmas special on
KTWR got good response from China, etc.; also plugs several-country
coverage of hi-power AM without detailing Bonaire or Central Asia.
Looping N/S, this is obviously via KMMJ Grand Island, Nebraska, 10.5
kW-limited sked. While now, and never do I hear one of my most-wanted
Okies, 220-watt daytimer 750 KSEO Durant! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) No sign today of 750 KBNN MO, which I was getting
Feb 5 at 1404 (gh)

** OKLAHOMA. 960, Sat Feb 16 at 1323 UT, local KGWA Enid found to be
in dead air as I am doing JBA TP MW carrier bandscan, so no splatter
on 954 or 963, but nil heard there.

I also null 960 as much as possible, hearing only a trace of another
station. By 1340, KGWA remodulates. O, how I long for the good ole
days when KGWA often provided for months a ``Fox-hole``, 5 minutes of
dead air at local midnight allowing me to accumulate a number of other
960 logs from as far away as Calgary straight thru KGWA (Glenn Hauser,
Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Feb 15 at 1535 UT, KLEY Wellington KS is still off the
air; random daytime chex have not found it since last logged Dec 2,
altho I wasn`t paying much attention until late January. Have they
notified FCC that they are off or applied for STA? (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, Feb 15 at 1537 UT, 50 kW KBXD Dallas is still in
Vietnamese and still propagating 2+ hours after sunrise as QRM to much
closer groundwave KQAM Wichita in English, and making a slow SAH of
45/minute = 0.75 Hz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Fri Feb 15 at 1540! UT, blues music with narration,
loops NE/SW with some fades past 1549, suspected KXEL Waterloo IA
still skywaving, best on the E-W longwire, while Spanish from Dallas
dominates on the DX-398. Confirmed at:

http://www.kxel.com/program-schedule/
Our American Stories with Lee Habeeb | 8-10am
which does not link to show site, but I find it:

http://www.ouramericannetwork.org/
``There's no politics at Our American Network, just stories. Daily
bringing the campfire scene to your ears with our first show Our
American Stories.``

And a large archive of listenable episodes, probably this one:
http://www.ouramericannetwork.org/story?title=The-Fred-Davis-Blues
``The Fred Davis Blues --- Howard Husock shares a story of music,
friendship, and tremendous talent lost to violence.``

Seems like a worthwhile show and a much-needed respite from AM radio
politix, like Redeye Radio and Rush also on the KXEL sked, which is
yet somewhat diverse. Or find another station:
http://www.ouramericannetwork.org/find_station
{quite a large roster, but in random order! No help in ``finding`` but
most with Listen-Live linx} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Until the next, Best of DX and 73 de Glenn

--- End Message ---