Re: [IRCA] White's Radio Log in .pdf format

Re: [IRCA] White's Radio Log in .pdf format

     1981, eh? I turned 17 in December of 1981 so I guess I took it to
Lowndes High School to show it around. I think I remember having it in
either Biology or Physics. Hmmm...I wonder when it came out and where the
thing is now.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

On 20-Jul-06, at 9:40 AM, Ira Elbert New, III wrote:

>      Do you remember what the cover looked like on this one? I  remember
>one
>cover with a woman with halves of globes for earphones. I took it  to
>school
>to show it around and I got laughed at.

I remember this cover, with the woman with the "globe" headphones, on
the
cover of the 1981 edition, which I brought when it was released and
still
have.

When was the last edition of White's Radio Log published? I have never
seen one later than my 1981 edition, published as part of Communications
World. I also have several issues of Radio-TV Experimenter from the late
1950's and 1960's that included White's Radio Log; I believe that the
Log
was a stand alone publication up to about 1957.

When I started DXing in the early 1970's I used the Vane Jones Log.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO